Hometown: Kamloops, British Columbia
Favorite flower: Anthurium
- 1988-present: Professional floral designer
- 1990: Teleflora Design Canada Award – first place
- 1991: Competed in the Teleflora International Floral Design Competition, Athens, Greece
- 2000: Inducted into the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD)
- 2005: AIFD Symposium, Main Stage Program, Co-Presenter, “Journey,” Palm Desert, CA
- 2013: AIFD Certified Floral Designer Evaluator/Judge
- 2016: AIFD Symposium, Main Stage Program, Co-Presenter, “Catalyst for Inspiration,” Anaheim, CA
- 2018: Pacific Northwest Cup – second place, Vancouver, BC
- 2018: Maple Leaf Cup – first place, Edmonton, AB
- 2018: Gateway to the America’s Cup competitor, Orlando, FL
Mr. Jaras began his floral career in 1988 after studies in Architectural Technology, Fine Art and Clothing Design. His work as a professional floral designer includes retail floral design, show/stage work and floral design instruction in Canada and the United States.
Mr. Jaras is an active member in both volunteer and leadership roles as part of the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD). He continues to provide floral design education as well as contract design services and wedding/event decor through his company, Paul Jaras Floral Design.
Mr. Jaras’s hobbies include drawing and painting, hiking and swimming. He is a lifelong student of art and design and continually pursues professional development in floral design by attending conferences, shows and workshops in the U.S. and Canada. He is a supporter of the arts and attends symphony, dance and theatre performances.
Paul Jaras is representing Canada on behalf of FTD.