Hometown: Okayama, Japan
Favorite flower: Orchid
- 2006: Second place, Bridal Bouquet & Jury’s Special Award – Japan Flower Design Award
- 2011 & 2012: Second place, Bridal Bouquet & FDF Award – Japan Flower Design Award
- 2013: First place, Bridal Bouquet & Prize of Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries – Japan Flower Design Award
- 2013: Second place, Flower Dream JAL Cup
- 2014: Artwork designer, the cover of the monthly magazine, Florist
- 2014: Jury, Florist Review 2014
- 2014: Winner, International Floral Art 2014-2015
- 2014: Taipei International Flower Design Award
- 2016: First place, Flower Dream JAL Cup
- 2016: Bronze Leaf, International Floral Art 2016-2017
- 2017: Demonstrator, The 50th anniversary of Nippon Flower Designers’ Association
- 2017: First place, Bridal Bouquet & Prize of Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries – Japan Flower Design Award
- 2018: First place, Flower Dream JAL Cup
- 2018: Winner, Interflora World Cup 2019 Japan qualifying competition
Kazuhiro Sugimoto started working as a florist at his parents’ flower shop in 1998. At the beginning, he was not interested in flowers; he just wanted to take over his family’s business. In the same year, he met his master, Mieko Yoshino, and that changed his mind. Kazuhiro was very impressed with her design and thoughts, and he became her apprentice.
His signature is minimalism design. Kazuhiro excels at making dramatic flower designs with minimum materials. As a Japanese flower designer, he likes to incorporate a sense of authentic Japanese beauty and the technique of space into his work.
Other than floral design, Kazuhiro is also interested in fashion, architecture, arts and movies, which provide inspiration to his work. Currently, he offers lessons and works on event displays, weddings and demonstrations all over Japan.
Kazuhiro Sugimoto is representing Japan on behalf of FTD.